U-19 FILM EXTRACT
 
U-19 FILM EXTRACT: Using the Extra Footage, and more:
Thursday 5 February 2009
Using the Extra Footage, and more:
The extra footage that I had to go back to shoot as I had my own film camera, so that we could add more to the Rough Cut, consisted mainly of footage, walking up to the roof top, the scenery around that particular roof. I took an estimated five minute of footage there. as well as that we choose that should also go down to the fields, to where we shot the last few scenes in our rough cut where the girl falls to. I was too shoot some scenes where you could see the surrounding area, so that we could incorporate it into the final rough cut. I spent another five minutes taking footage of that surrounding area. On my way back from collecting this footage, I heard some very clear and loud early morning birds, so I put my camera to record outside my house, for about two minutes to gain some good clear wildlife sound, the actual imagery that I recorded, would not be of use to the group as it does not work with anything else that we had caught on tape.
When I brought this footage into class, we unfortunately only had enough time to upload the footage of the wildlife noises, however we did manage to incorporate them into our rough cut quite successfully. So the things that the rest of the footage that I captured will be used in another Rough cut where we will be able to use footage, that is much steadier, as the previous footage that we used for our first rough cut is a bit shaky, as we had trouble using the tripod up on the roof and in the trees, even though I did suggest to the rest of the group that we could use my guerrilla pod, we have then decided in future because of our mistake we will use the guerrilla for when we are in the trees or on the rooftop. We will also use more of a voice over for the other cuts of our film, so that we can make the sound quality much better. For in our first rough cut we found that we did not have a great quality of sound because the camera did not pick much of the sound, because of the sound of the tape recording in the background. Another way we could remedy this situation would be to use My HD camera a bit more because it does not have a tape making noises in the background, and this will benefit us in more than one way as it has better quality of picture, you can adjust the amount of sound that the camera picks up and you can adjust the image according to the type of weather it is at that point in time so you don't have a dark home movie type image.

Labels:

posted by AS Film Studies Students @ 06:49  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Recent Posts
Post Archive
Post Labels
All FILM EXTRACT Blogs